Saturday 6 March 2010

Attack of Japanophilia

Long, long time ago, shortly after I joined deviantart.com community, I played around with kimono designs a little. At that time, I did those funny "tribute to Studio Ghibli" designs:


Totoro kimono and obi by *Margotka on deviantART


Mononoke Hime kimono and obi by *Margotka on deviantART


Kao-nashi kimono and obi by *Margotka on deviantART


Kiki kimono and obi by *Margotka on deviantART


Susuwatari kimono and obi by *Margotka on deviantART


Ohmu kimono and obi by *Margotka on deviantART
OK, I have no idea why the one above does not load (or maybe I do, but don't want to offend DA web developers...), but once you click on the link, you can see this one too.

As you can see, at that time google graphics was my little helper. Today however, I have decided to use my drawing tablet in order to create something genuinely mine. I have been given this thing for my 26th b-day and used it very few times since, but now I'm willing to work with it more. So, after 2 BSOD, 3 attempts to install drivers and googling how to make GIMP cooperate with it, I finally made my itty bitty Wacom Bamboo draw! And brought to the world this idea that had been growing in my mind for the last few days.

Voilà:


Kitty kimono by *Margotka on deviantART

No comments: